Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My last few days in Roma

Ahh my time here is dwindling; time really does fly! It seems like only yesterday I was jumping around and dancing in my room responded maturely when I got my confirmation email from Delta for my flight. 


Im super busy with school right now; our final presentation is tomorrow! Each of the students in my class is performing two monologues - one story from Umberto Eco's Esercizi di Stile and a story that we wrote ourselves in that same style as Eco. Allora, I have so much to practice. Memorization in another language is really difficult.


Anyways, I wanted to do a quick post to show yall what I've been up to these last few days - namely, hand-making pasta (LIFE GOAL ACHIEVED), visiting ancient buildings (hello Pantheon!), and stocking up on some quality Italian lit for the plane ride home (Come si dice Harry Potter?!..... its the same in Italian in case your were wondering...)


such simple ingredients - 2 eggs, flour, olive oil, salt, and the tiniest drop of water. 


(Antonietta insisted on taking pictures of me.... trying to teach an elderly Italian woman how to work an SLR was a tRiP - cleary [or fuzzily, if you will], you can see that our lesson ended before the focus technique..)

it gets paper thin!

che bella!

the finished product complete with a light sauce and porcini mushrooms - wow

Im so luck to have walked by here everyday for the past 7 weeks!

incredible design

yayy Harry Potter in Italian and some Italian short stories with parallel text!






No comments:

Post a Comment