Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ciao Roma!

nope. 

uhuh. 

I'm not leaving. 

NO.

....

I can't believe its over. I'm literally tearing up as I type this - this summer in Italia has been incredible, BIGGER and BETTER than my wildest hopes and dreams.  

things I will miss...

speaking Italian - my heart wrenches at the thought of not being able to speak it on a daily basis.

sharing a bottle of wine on the Pantheon steps - close friends + good wine + ancient historical monument = you know, a typical evening. 

public transportation - I know, I'm weird, but I think there is something inherently wonderful in the fact that anyone can travel almost anywhere in the city for very little $. 

train rides through the Italian countryside. 


(cue visual aids...)

fresh basil


homemade tiramisu

flower boxes on window sills

great personal style, show above and below

and yes. for those of you who are wondering, that is in fact a GIANT HERMES BIRKIN.
damelo!

seeing this one everyday. never a dull moment. 

Caro, you have a special place in my heart, always and forever. 


beautiful, historic places everywhere I turn

cannoli made from scratch

being with my best fran AG in Rome for the 3rd time - here's to 3 more!

Porta Portese, my fave Sunday afternoon flea market and possibly the only place where one could find the perfect cactus, vintage telephone, and set of buttons in the same area. 




my incredible school and incredible teachers. grazie mille Antonella e Matteo!!!!

and finally. last but not least. 
The Glorious Italian Cappuccino. 
how do I love thee, let me count the ways. 

Italia, mi manca ancora.

Also, to all my lovely readers, thank you so much for sticking with me through this! all of your comments and feedback have been so encouraging. Stay tuned for my next blog!

xo,
Kels

No comments:

Post a Comment